Sunday, August 10, 2008

Faith

I haven't posted in a while. We found out back in July that my mom's kidney cancer has returned. She was diagnosed with kidney cancer 8 years ago, at that time they removed her kidney and told her that the longer she went without it returning the better chance she had that it would not return at all. All was well until March when she started to get a sore on her toe. She saw the podiatrist and he felt that it was just a foreign body but decided to send it in for pathology just to make sure. It came back as cancer. Because of that they ordered a PET scan to check for more cancer. They found 3 small tumors on her lungs. She is seeing a renal cancer specialist in Las Vegas that is truly amazing. He has ordered a biopsy of the tumor in her lungs, and also a MRI to make sure that there isn't cancer in her brain. We will have a follow up visit with him soon to go over the test results and make a plan of action. There has been so much change in the treatment of renal cancer in the past few years, so we are very hopeful that treatment will be successful. She has been truly blessed up to this point. We hope and pray that it will continue that way, we all have an extreme amount of faith in that. I am so thankful for friends and family that have been there for us, your love and support is very much appreciated. I love you MOM!

4 comments:

Live Life said...

Im glad that they found it this soon! Things will work out. Im glad that you have a close family, and im glad to be your friend! Your family will be in my prayers!

love ya!

Marn E said...

I am praying that things will work out for your family!

Cheyenne Horlacher said...

I was wondering if you had dropped off the face of the earth. I am sorry to hear about the cancer. However, your mom is one tough cookie and I know she will fight this as valiantly as she did the first time! We will keep her in our prayers. HUGS from the Horlachers

Princess Hairstyles said...

I've been thinking about your mom a lot lately and she has been in my prayers as well. Thank goodness for modern medicine! Keep us updated.