Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Alyssa's New Pretties






I finally got around to getting Alyssa's ears pierced. My friend Mindi has been bugging me to do it forever and I just kept putting it off for some crazy reason. I had always said that if I had a girl I would get them pierced while she was a baby. Well, obviously I never got around to doing that (I should have though, I am sure it would have been less tramatic on both of us). Finally, the other day we had went out to lunch and figured there was no better time then now so we stopped at the mall. They were really good with her and kept her entertained with a few suckers. She did great until we had to hold her down, then it was tears and near puking. I think holding her down was more upsetting than the actual piercing. They look absolutely darling, and Alyssa loves them too! She lights up when asked where her pretties are and points right to her ears. I can say it was worth it now but I wasn't so sure at the time.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Her earrings look so cute! Matt is dying for me to pierce Brynlie's (I don't know why since he's in Iraq and doesn't see her anyway) and I want to, but keep chickening out about hurting my baby girl. My sisters keep begging me to do it too, but I just haven't gotten around to it. Marnie said absolutely NOT and that she won't go with me to do it. So maybe she'll just be surprised one day! I think it's adorable!

Lyndsi said...

You are so brave! I can't do it to Kenna yet! Brent says when she is 12! :) It better be before that!!!

Marn E said...

That is child abuse!!! You should wait until you can explain to them what is going to happen. Allie, shame on you. And if Kim ever pierces Brynlie's ears, I will punch her in the face.