Cris as a little boy with his mom
I just wanted to dedicate this post to my mother-in-law Melinda Ann Morris Coston who passed away 16 years ago today, June 26, 1992. Her life was cut short at the age of 43 after a hard fought battle with brain cancer. She lived life to the fullest and savored every moment she could.
I think of her often just looking at my children. She was an amazing mother to her 2 boys and I can only imagine how awesome of a grandma that she would be to my kids. I can just picture her spending every moment she could with them and spoiling them absolutely rotten. How grateful I am for eternal families and the opportunity that we will have to be with her again someday.
Thank You for the great example that you were to all of us. We love you and miss you more than we can even express.



5 comments:
Okay, this just made me cry. She sounds like a wonderful person. Tell Cris we're thinking of him today. And, that picture of little Cris really looks like Rylan to me.
That was so sweet. I remember when she was getting sick and she went on most of the away swim meets with us on the bus, so she could spend more time with Dick.
I am so glad you did this post, it was neat to see pictures of his mom! She would have been a wonderful grandma and I am sure she can't wait to spoil your kids one day!!
Hey Al, I've gone to your blog 4 or 5 times since the 26th. I can go there now and not cry :) If I think about it to much the why's and the madness starts hiting me hard and I need to focus on faith! That's one of the first things I want to talk to Heavenly Father about, why her, why so young, why, why, why??? You guys have done SO well and I'm soooooo proud of Cris. I know Mel is one happy Mom in heaven and one very Happy Grandma :) Keep up the good work, and remember I love you too.
I've been at the pool a lot in the past month taking Jacob to swim lessons. It's been fun talking to Dick, hearing his voice echo on the walls of the pool as he coaches the kids...just like 20 yrs ago when we lived at the pool. I can still remember when Melinda got cancer and that horrible year. Now, I am sure she watches your kids each and every day and is sooo proud of both you and Cris! Hope to see you Saturday IF I haven't had my baby yet.
Post a Comment