Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow Day in the Desert

My kids were so worried that they would have to go to school and they wouldn't have time to play in the snow before it melted. I gave in and let them play in it last night before I found out that school had been cancelled. The kids had fun building little snow people, and Alyssa had a grand ol' time riding her trike in the snow.
We woke up to even more snow this morning. Rylan wanted me to help him build a big snowman. This is what we came up with. I thought we were pretty creative using the palm branches for arms. It has been so much fun to have this much snow down here in the desert. It truly makes it feel like Christmas.

5 comments:

Erica B said...

very creative!! its a perfect snowman for st george!

Jennifer said...

Super cute snowman, I love the arms.

Lyndsi said...

I looked out the window and saw the awesome snowman! Kenna was freaking out about the bike though with snow on it. She thought it was hers, but she loved the snowman too.

The Andersen Family said...

Truly funny to me. Who knew snow was such a big deal!

Princess Hairstyles said...

That's hilarious! I don't think I've ever seen palm trees on a snow man.